Sunday, April 13, 2008

Stachofsky Wedding Reception


Andrew, the Groom is the Youth Pastor at our church,

Koola, the Bride is the daughter of missionaries.

They wanted to serve some foods that would represent

their backgrounds and heritage.

Koola's parents were missionaries in Brazil while she was growing up,

and she has a Greek family heritage.

Andrew has visited Brazil many times leading our youth

on short term missions trips, he has a Lebonese family heritage.

I was surprised that this young batchelor actually owned a chocolate fountain and has used it

many times. (Youth Pastor + chocolate fountain = good times)

Fruit and Chocolate: a match made in heaven!

This was a fruit, cheese and crackers reception.
Bananas in white chocolate - Yummy!

This was requested by the groom, since he'd seen my first attempt
at fruit bouquets a couple of years ago.
Not quite like the professionals but I'll keep practicing.
These are Greek shortbread-like, cresent shaped cookies.
They were made by the Bride's family.
The flat bread and cracker trays featured Tom's homemade hummus.
There's a rumor going around that even Andrew's Lebonese mother approved.
But we'll never be able to make home made baklavah or flat bread like Mary's.
A milk chocolate fountain, Andrew's favorite.
I couldn't talk him into dark chocolate which is my favorite.
Oh well, Tom and I we were married waaaay before
Willy Wonka thought up chocolate fountains!
Maybe we'll have to do our wedding again someday.

There may be some wide angle pictures to see later.
From the front view you would see three tables
and the main decoration was fairly tall.
Okay, I've pre-viewed this several times and if it keeps making up it's own
page view and spacing, I guess I'll just have to live with it




















No comments: